May 11, 2020

Evil By The Sea by Kathleen Bridge

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Evil By The Sea” the 4th instalment in the (A by the Sea Mysteries Series) 
by Kathleen Bridge. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and plan on reading the complete series.  Even though it can be read as a standalone I do recommend reading in order.  
Liz Holt is bewitched, bothered, and bewildered when a wicked killer objects to a wiccan wedding ... 
Island life can get pretty weird. Wiccan weddings, psychic brides, mermaid parades, eccentric parrots . . . Novelist Liz Holt has gotten used to it since moving back to the barrier island of Melbourne Beach, Florida, and once again working in her family's hotel and emporium, the Indialantic by the Sea. But one thing she'll never get used to is murder.

Groom-to-be and leader of the Sunshine Wiccan Society, white warlock Julian Rhodes is poisoned at his rehearsal dinner on the hotel's sightseeing cruiser. His psychic bride, Dorian Starwood, never saw it coming. An old friend of Liz's great-aunt Amelia, the celebrity psychic engages Liz to find out who intended to kill her intended. With her Macaw, Barnacle Bob, squawking "Pop Goes the Weasel" at Dorian's pet ferret, and the streets teeming with mermaids in tails, Liz has got to wade through the weirdness and cast a wide net for the killer—before she's the next one to sleep with the fishes . . .

Recipes included!
Even though this is the first book I have read in the series I was able to follow along easily and having the character list in the beginning really helped.  I really enjoyed it and practically read in one sitting and have since purchased the other books in the series.

The protagonist Liz is really likeable and the rest of the eccentric family characters at the Indialantic were fun, plus I loved all the fur babies. The barrier island of Melbourne Beach, Florida and the Indialantic seemed fun and an interesting place to visit or even live.

There are plenty of twists and turns in this story, and I kept guessing and second-guessing myself on whodunnit right to the very end. The story moves at a steady pace, and I had a hard time putting it down.

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends, and fans of Kathleen Bridge’s 
A Hamptons Home & Garden Mystery series.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Lyrical Press and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...