May 7, 2020

At First Glance by Paul Gitsham

Hello my friends, 

Today I am reviewing “At First Glance” by Paul Gitsham the 7th instalment in the DCI Warren series. I really enjoyed this novella, and will probably go back and read book one in the series.


When a small-time drug dealer is found with his throat cut, a trail of blood leading to the weapon and killer, DCI Warren Jones looks forward to a fast resolution. But what seemed like an open-and-shut case quickly becomes a twisted trap: an innocent man set up to take the fall.

Everybody knew the victim, but witnesses are sparse – no one wants to get involved in a turf war. The one detail Warren has to go on is a mystery accomplice seen with the victim before his death: a man called Madman. A man who doesn’t seem to exist…

This is the first book that I have read by this author, and I would probably read another.  I found myself engrossed in the story and reading it in one sitting.

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, full of twists and turns as well as a few surprises.  I never did guess who it was and it was quite a surprise who the killer was.

I recommend this series to all my british crime mystery loving friends.


I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from HQ Digital and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow mystery lovers.

Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...