May 5, 2020

Killer Chardonnay by Kate Lansing

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Killer Chardonnay" by Kate Lansing the first in her new “Colorado Wine Mystery” series. What a great start to a new series!

A young winery owner won't let one sour grape ruin the bunch in the first installment of this exciting cozy mystery series.

Parker Valentine has always dreamed of opening her own winery in her hometown of Boulder, Colorado. But she gets more than she bargained for when a food and wine critic unexpectedly shows up at Vino Valentine on opening day. A negative review could be fatal for her business, and not only does he seem to hate her chardonnay, he also collapses and dies shortly after drinking it.

Although Parker hoped that the attendees would put a cork in it, soon her winery is at the center of a social media firestorm. With #killerchardonnay trending online, Parker's business is in danger of closing, and she has no choice but to investigate the murder herself.

To restore her reputation, catch a killer, and keep her struggling business open, Parker needs only one thing: some good proof.

I’m not a wine drinker but I enjoyed learning about wine, and things to pair with them.  Luckily there are some great recipes at the back of the book.

I found myself engrossed in the story and reading it in two sittings. It was entertaining, full of twists and turns as well as a few surprises.

I loved the characters which are well developed, especially Parker she made a good protagonist.  The secondary characters were likeable as well. It ended with two men vying for Parker’s attention...  I can’t wait to see what happens next.

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends.


I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Berkley Publishing Group and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,





Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...