Sep 8, 2019

Fatal Cajun Festival by Ellen Byron

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "
Fatal Cajun Festival" the 5th installment in the "A Cajun Country Mysteries" by Ellen Byron.   I thoroughly enjoyed this book and have now purchased the previous books.
Print Length: 298 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1643851292
Publisher: Crooked Lane Books (Sept. 10 2019)


Louisiana B&B owner Maggie Crozat kicks up her heels at a country music festival--but she'll have one foot in the grave if she can't bring the killer of a diva's hanger-on to heel.

Grab your tickets for Cajun Country Live!, the pickers' and crooners' answer to the legendary New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival. Maggie Crozat, proprietor of the Crozat Plantation B&B, plans to be in the cheering section when her friend Gaynell Bourgeois takes the stage with her band, Gaynell and the Gator Girls.

The festival's headliner, native daughter Tammy Barker, rocketed to stardom on a TV singing competition. She has the voice of an angel...and the personality of a devilish diva. But Maggie learns that this tiny terror carries a grudge against Gaynell. She's already sabotaged the Gator Girls' JazzFest audition. When a member of Tammy's entourage is murdered at the festival, Tammy makes sure Gaynell is number one on the suspect list.

Gaynell has plenty of company on that list--including every one of Tammy's musicians. Posing as a groupie, Maggie infiltrates Tammy's band and will have to hit all the right notes to clear her friend's name.

Even though this is the first book I have read in the series I was able to follow along easily so it can be read as a stand alone.  I really enjoyed it and practically read in one sitting and have since purchased the other books in the series.

The protagonist Maggie is a strong, independent woman. The characters are well rounded and seem real as I could relate to each of them. I especially loved Maggie's family as they provide humor, quirkiness especially her feisty grand-mère.  The town of Pelican Cove, Louisiana is interesting too.

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and t
here are plenty of twists and turns in this story, and I kept guessing and second-guessing myself on whodunnit right to the very end. The story moves at a steady pace, and I had a hard time putting it down.

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.




I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy mystery lovers.

Hugs, 




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...