Sep 16, 2019

Apple Cider Slaying

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing a NEW cozy series called “A Cider Shop Mystery” by Julie Anne Lindsey. “Apple Cider Slaying” is the first installment set in Blossom Valley, WV and what a great start to a new series!   This will be another series in my favourite list.

Print Length: 320 pages

Publisher: Kensington Books (Nov. 1 2019)


Apple Cider Slaying by Julie Anne Lindsey
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Apples are at the core of the family business run by Winona Mae Montgomery and her Granny Smythe. But this year’s crop is unseasonably ripe with murder . . .

ONE ROTTEN APPLE

Blossom Valley, West Virginia, is home to Smythe Orchards, Winnie and her Granny’s beloved twenty-five-acre farm and family business. But any way you slice it, it’s struggling. That’s why they’re trying to drum up business with the “First Annual Christmas at the Orchard,” a good old-fashioned holiday festival with enough delicious draw to satisfy apple-picking locals and cider-loving tourists alike—until the whole endeavor takes a sour turn when the body of Nadine Cooper, Granny’s long-time, grudge-holding nemesis, is found lodged in the apple press. Now, with Granny the number one suspect, Winnie is hard-pressed to prove her innocence before the real killer delivers another murder . . .

Protagonist Winnie Montgomery is relate-able, smart and very likable she lives with her grandmother (Granny Smythe) on Smythe Orchard. I loved the assortment of characters like Granny, Dot her bff and who can resist a couple of orange rescue kittens. I also loved the chemistry between Winnie and Colton.

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and there are plenty of twists and turns in this story. Kept me guessing till the very end.

I highly recommend this book to all my cozy mystery loving friends!


I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Kensington Books, the Author and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

View all my reviews

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...