Nov 21, 2016

Cookie Cutter Christmas & NEW Stitched Shapes Framelits

Hello my crafty peeps,

I know I said I was taking a break from blogging but.... I needed a break from the pressure of making fair items today.  I thought I would make some cards since I am very behind in making and sending.

Today's project I decided to use 3 items from the holiday catalog; Coolie Cutter Christmas, Candy Cane Lane and lastly the NEW Stitched Shapes Framelits from Stampin Up!

I have seen some great cards on Pinterest and take my inspiration from those.  But what I love about the Candy Cane Lane DSP is the colour combination of Real red, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and lastly Whisper White they are timeless Christmas colours and I just wish we could get beyond January 1st.


Measurements:
  • Crumb Cake card base: 5 1/2 "x 8 1/2", score at 4 1/4 " 
  • Early Espresso strip: 5 1/2" x 2 1/4 " 
  • Candy Cane Lane DSP strip: 5-1/2" x 2 " 
  • Whisper White stitched oval  
  • Real Red stitched oval
  • Soft Suede scrap

Directions:
  1. Stamp the Reindeer with Early Espresso or Emboss Powder and punch out with Cookie Cutter Builder Punch. Colour in the nose with Real Red, Stampin Dazzling Diamonds or cover with piece of Red Glitter paper.  We added google eyes for a quirky/cutesty look
  2. Pop the Reindeer on the ovals with Stampin 'Dimensionals. The first layer is a Whisper White oval, the second layer is a Real Red oval cut out with the Stitched Shapes Framelits. (I have always been a fan of the stitched look, so am loving that Stampin' Up! came out with these.)
  3. Lastly stamp your sentiment or go one step further and emboss your sentiment.
Hope you like it!  Happy stamping ...


If I can give you just a little inspiration, where you can look at one of my cards and think I can do that, or I could tweak that and put my own spin on it, then I am achieving what I have set out to do! 

P.S. Please share. with your friends and leave me a comment below. I read them ALL!

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...