Jul 15, 2024

Pinned 4 Murder by J. C. Eaton

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “Pinned 4 Murder" the 13th instalment in the Sophie Kimball Mystery series by J.C. Eaton.  I love this series, it always has me laughing at Streetman’s antics.
When a dead body shows up in the pin return at Sun City West’s bowling alley, it’s only the beginning of a tumultuous league season for this retirement community . . .

With a killer in their midst and a high-tech developer threatening to overhaul their beloved bowling alley, the seniors of Sun City West turn to amateur sleuth Sophie “Phee” Kimball to strike back at both culprits. She’s been recruited by her mother’s friends before, but this time Phee finds herself pulled in two directions when one of the book club ladies gets tangled in the clutches of a dangerous cyber-scammer who pretends to be the love of her life. 

Phee’s investigation grows even more complicated when the bowling alley is sabotaged and a flimflammer is found dead in the nearby bushes. With the league tournament in limbo and one of the seniors pegged as the likely murder suspect, Phee will have to cut the cord on the cyber-criminal and pin the killer—before they can strike again . . .


I found myself engrossed in the story and reading it in almost one day. I love the characters which are well developed. There is plenty of humour and we can’t forget Streetman the chiweenie in the bowling alley. I laughed at the chaos he caused. The description of what was happening with Gloria and her scammer was all too real, and something that occurs way to often in today’s society. 

The mystery is interesting, well plotted as well as
 full of twists and turns.  Always an entertaining, fun read. This is one of my favourite series and I always buy in Paperback as I know I will read again.

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends. 

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Poison Pen Letters by Fiona Walker

Hello my cozy friends,  Today, I am reviewing The Poison Pen Letters by Fiona Walker the 2nd instalment in  the Village Detectives Cozy Myst...