Jul 29, 2024

Of Kingdoms and Curses (Blood and Curses Book 1) by Amy Woodruff

Hello my bookish friends,

Today I am reviewing Of Kingdoms and Curses (Blood and Curses Book 1) by Amy Woodruff.

There’s only one thing Bridget Adams wants: to get home.

After being trapped for seven months in the Kingdom of Elyria, where magic is ruthless, permanent, and always comes with a price, she’s tired of dealing with curses, especially ones that take everything from her. In Elyria, all humans are cursed. Whenever one enters the magical realm, they lose their memories. Forever.

The only things Bridget knows about her past are the small tidbits Cora tells her, which isn’t much. The leader of the nomadic Witch coven is merciless, and with Bridget essentially owned by Cora, she always keeps Bridget by her side. No matter how many times Bridget tries to escape her grasp, she always fails.

In the name of helping the coven, Cora places her in a tournament to compete to marry the Fae Prince, Cade. Believing her freedom is in sight, Bridget agrees to join and plans to sneak away before it starts. However, an unexpected binding contract restricts her to the palace grounds. Forced to participate, Bridget navigates the dangerous tasks of the tournament, until she accidentally stumbles upon the prince. Cade has secrets of his own, though, including ones that involve the human realm, and when he offers to help Bridget return there, she decides to trust him.

As they grow closer, it becomes clear things aren’t as they appear. She discovers her presence in Elyria and the tournament is part of a greater plan, one that has deadly consequences. As secrets, history, and conspiracies unravel around her, Bridget begins to realize the greatest curse of all: love.


“Of Kingdoms and Curses” (Blood and Curses Book 1) by Amy Woodruff is a captivating tale that hooked me from start to finish! I devoured the book in almost one sitting, desperate to uncover the secrets and discover what happens next.

This enchanting story has everything I love in a fantasy novel, lost memories, witches, a thrilling competition, and a mysterious fae prince and I'm eager to continue the journey in the next instalment. Amy Woodruff's writing has me under its spell, and I highly recommend “Of Kingdoms and Curses” to anyone who craves a magical adventure with a hint of romance and intrigue.

I will definitely read other books by this author.
I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from City Owl and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Impractical Magic by Emily Grimoire

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing Impractical Magic by Emily Grimoire a second chance romance novel. Buy here   Perfect for reader...