Jun 5, 2024

Death Comes to Marlow by Robert Thorogood

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today, I am reviewing the second instalment in the 'Marlow Murder Club' series, penned by Robert Thorogood, the creative mind behind the BBCOne show 'Death in Paradise'. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and can’t wait for book three.


BBCOne show creator of Death in Paradise, Robert Thorogood delights in giving the Christie-mystery a busy-body twist. Judith (our favorite skinny-dipping, whiskey-sipping, crossword puzzle author), along with Becks the vicar's wife, and Susie the dogwalker find themselves in a head-scratching, utterly clever country house, locked-room murder mystery. 

Holiday festivities are now January doldrums when Judith gets a call—Sir Peter Bailey, a prominent Marlovian is inviting notable citizens to his house the day before his wedding to celebrate. 

Judith decides to go—after all, it's a few houses up the Thames and free champagne, for sure.?During the party, a loud crash inside stops the festivities. The groom-to-be has been crushed to death in his study. The door was locked from the inside so the police say suicide, obviously. 

Friends. Sir Peter cannot be left for dead like that...Judith and the Marlow Murder Club are on the case.?  

I am pleased to report that this next instalment in the series did not disappoint.
The plot is engaging, with numerous twists and turns that kept me guessing until the very end. I appreciated the author's skillful pacing and character development, which made it easy to become invested in the lives of the protagonists. The novel's conclusion was satisfying, and I am eager to see how the series evolves in instalment three “Queen of Poisons” released on June 4th.

I highly recommend 'The Marlow Murder Club' to fans of cozy mysteries and amateur sleuth stories. The book has also been adapted into a television movie (season 2) in the UK, written by the author himself.

Overall, I am excited to continue following this series and seeing where the author takes these intriguing characters next."
All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Little Lost Library by Ellery Adams

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "The Little Lost Library” the 7th instalment in the "The Secret, Book & Scone Soci...