Jun 13, 2024

The Body in the Bookstore by Ellie Alexander

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing The Body in the Bookstore by Ellie Alexander the 1st instalment in the "A Secret Bookcase Mystery" series.   I really enjoyed this story and found it to be a great start to a new cozy series!  This series will definitely be on my must read list.

Behind the shelves of The Secret Bookcase, where the sun slants through the windows onto rows of classic crime novels, a body lies...

Bookseller Annie Murray is thrilled when the mystery-themed book festival she sets up to revive the dwindling fortunes of her workplace and sanctuary seems poised for success. But events take a shocking turn when a body is discovered hidden behind the shelves, and it’s revealed that the victim is Annie's old college acquaintance.

Determined to ensure the festival’s success and save the small town of Redwood Grove from a killer, Annie begins piecing together clues with the help of her friends. But as the list of suspects grows longer – a local boutique-owner, an envious old classmate, a bitter ex-boyfriend – Annie is drawn deeper into the case.

With the aid of her old criminology professor-turned-detective, can Annie unmask the murderer before they turn her festival into a real-life whodunit?

Full of lovable, quirky characters and small-town charm, The Body in the Bookstore serves up an irresistible blend of intrigue for fans of cozy crime including Lauren Elliott, Merryn Allingham and M.C. Beaton.

I’m a huge fan of Ellie Alexander's mysteries, so I was thrilled to dive into her new series. The charming setting of Redwood Grove, complete with a mystery bookstore, immediately captivated me. This cleverly crafted tale masterfully weaves together two intriguing mysteries: the murder of Annie's college classmate and the cold case of her best friend Scarlet's murder, which I suspect will be a recurring thread throughout the series. With the aid of her old criminology professor-turned-detective, can Annie unmask the murderer before they turn her festival into a real-life whodunit?

The plot is engaging, and the characters are well developed. I thoroughly enjoyed this series debut and highly recommend it to all my fellow cozy mystery lovers - I can't wait to see what's in store for Annie and Redwood Grove in book two.

I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Storm Publishing and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading Between the Lies by Lynn Cahoon

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing “'Reading Between the Lies” by Lynn Cahoon book 4 in the Survivors  Book Club Mystery series...