Jun 7, 2024

The Queen of Poisons A Novel by Robert Thorogood

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today, I am reviewing the third instalment in the 'Marlow Murder Club' series, by Robert Thorogood. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and can’t wait for book four.

The Marlow Murder Club is on the hunt for a killer...

Geoffrey Lushington, Mayor of Marlow, dies suddenly during a town council meeting. When traces of aconite—also known as the queen of poisons—are found in his coffee cup, the police realize he was murdered. But who did it? And why?

The police bring Judith, Suzie, and Becks in to investigate the murder as civilian advisors right from the start, so they have free rein to interview suspects and follow the evidence to their heart's content… which is perfect because Judith has no time for rules and standard procedure. But this case has the Marlow Murder Club stumped. Who would want to kill the affable mayor of Marlow? How did they even get the poison into his coffee? And is anyone else in danger? The Marlow Murder Club is about to face their most difficult case yet...

I was delighted to return to the charming village of Marlow, England, and reunite with the quirky trio of Judith, Suzie, and Becks. While I found Suzie's impulsive accusations slightly off-putting this time around, the engaging plot and skillful character development kept me invested in their journey. 

The author's masterful pacing and twists and turns had me guessing until the very end. I appreciated the satisfying conclusion and eagerly anticipate the next installment in the series. If you're a fan of cozy mysteries and amateur sleuth stories, I highly recommend 'The Marlow Murder Club'!"

Overall, I am excited to continue following this series and seeing where the author takes these intriguing characters next."
All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Little Lost Library by Ellery Adams

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "The Little Lost Library” the 7th instalment in the "The Secret, Book & Scone Soci...