Jun 14, 2024

A Murder at the Movies by Ellie Alexander

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing A Murder at the Movies by Ellie Alexander the 2nd instalment in the "A Secret Bookcase Mystery" series.   I was really happy to dive into book 2 right away and now I’m anxiously awaiting book 3.

When bookseller and events organizer Annie Murray invites the glamorous world of Hollywood along to her small-town film festival, she finds herself entangled in a sinister plot as twisted as any big-screen thriller…

After the success of her first event, which revived the fortunes of the bookstore she loves so dearly, Annie is excited to launch Redwood Grove’s first film festival. But when an infamous film critic plunges to his death during the premiere of a Hitchcock-inspired thriller, Annie’s instincts tell her that this was no accident. She soon discovers that many of the cast, crew and guests are harboring dark secrets; from the lead actress with a scandalous past, to a film historian obsessed with protecting his vintage reel collection.

Determined to unravel the mystery, Annie must sift through a tangled web of hidden agendas and deception to expose the killer before they strike again. Can she crack the case and save her film festival – or will she find herself in the spotlight?

Packed full of plot twists and a colorful cast of characters, A Murder at the Movies sparkles with charm, heart and humor, and will keep cozy mystery fans guessing until the final pages. Perfect fans for Lauren Elliott, Tonya Kappes and Janet Evanovitch.

4.5 stars

I was delighted to return to the charming town of Redwood Grove and the Secret Bookcase bookstore. In this latest instalment, Annie is busy planning a movie premiere, and I loved seeing the growth of side characters like Pri and Liam. The reveal of the mysterious Double Americano's identity was a great surprise! I'm now rooting for Annie and Liam to take their friendship to the next level and eager to uncover Liam's hidden past. 

Overall, I'm thoroughly invested in this series and excited to see where the author takes these endearing characters next!

I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Storm Publishing and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Little Lost Library by Ellery Adams

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "The Little Lost Library” the 7th instalment in the "The Secret, Book & Scone Soci...