May 31, 2022

The Tuesday Night Survivors' Club by Lynn Cahoon

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “The Tuesday Night Survivors' Club” by Lynn Cahoon book one in the Survivors  Book Club Mystery series.  I was sad when I heard her Cat Latimer Mystery series was ending so was happy when I heard about the new cozy mystery series. I found it to be just as enjoyable and entertaining full of loveable characters and a furbaby.  Releases June 14th, 2022
Survivors become sleuths to find a missing member of their book club in new-age 
Sedona, New Mexico …

Two things got Rarity Cole through her breast cancer treatments: friends and books. Now cancer-free, Rarity is devoting her life to helping others find their way through the maze to healing. She's opened a bookstore focusing on the power of healing—Eastern medicine, Western medicine, the healing power of food, the power of meditation, and the importance of developing a support community. To that end, she's also started the Tuesday Night Survivors book club. With its openness to new-age communities, Sedona, Arizona, is the perfect fit for Rarity's bookstore and the tightly knit group.

But their therapeutic unity is disrupted when one of their members suddenly goes missing. Martha has always kept to herself, never opening up much of her personal life to the group. Now she's nowhere to be found. With her car abandoned on a trail and her dog left with a friend, Rarity is sure something terrible had happened—but will she be able to uncover Martha's secrets before it's too late?


What a great start to a new cozy mystery series it was engaging, really well-written, set in the desert town of Sedona Arizona and we can’t forget a furbaby named killer. As most of my friends know I’m a fan girl of Lynn’s books and I can see this series becoming another favourite.

The protagonist Rarity was intelligent, likeable, and the friends she made were people I would like to hang out with especially  Sam and Drew.  I found myself thoroughly enjoying the story and the instant romance whilst trying to figure out the killer.  It doesn’t matter what illness or troubles one has, a strong support system of friendship and trust is always a must, so why not have that with your book club.  Personally through online book club I have found some of my strongest support so I could totally see Lynn’s vision in the storyline.  The book club does soon become the sleuthing club , which made me chuckle as they did love a mystery…

The mystery was well written and had plenty of suspects who wanted the victim dead.  I did suspect the killer early on but there were a few red herrings so I wasnt 100% sure until close to the end when the final piece fell into place.  

I can't wait for the next instalment!

I highly recommend this cozy mystery series to all my friends who love a cozy with a strong support system of friends in it.

I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Kensington Books and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...