May 11, 2022

A Midsummer Night's Fudge by Nancy Coco

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “A Midsummer Night's Fudge“ the 10th instalment in the  Candy-Coated Mystery series by Nancy Coco.  I really love this series and visiting Mackinac Island! I’m hoping to go there in next few years so then I can really see it in my minds eye.
After a summer celebration on Michigan’s Mackinac Island ends in murder, hotel and fudge shop owner Allie McMurphy puts on her sleuthing hat . . .
 
THERE’S NO SUGARCOATING A KILLER’S SCHEME
 
During the Midsummer Night’s Festival, Allie decides to take her bichonpoo, Mal, home to spare her furry little ears from the sounds of fireworks. But on her way back, Allie spots a body in the lake. Just minutes ago, Winona Higer was crowning the event’s Queen—could the competition have really been that deadly?
 
While she ponders the mystery the next morning, Allie prepares her favorite dark chocolate cherry fudge recipe. But she’s soon recruited to sub for the late Winona and serve as parade float judge, among other duties. As she hears rumors and gossip, and learns of mean pranks and threatening notes, her instincts kick in—despite her boyfriend the cop’s disapproval. Now, between managing a new hire and keeping the tourists filled with fudge, she’s dealing with a case that’s boiling over . . .
I found myself engrossed in the story and reading in a couple days.   The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and I loved the characters which are well developed. I especially love little Mal which reminds me of my little Lindi.  I think this might be my favourite book in the series but I say that every time.

I kept guessing and second-guessing myself on whodunnit right to the very end. I did figure out who the villain was shortly before Allie did. 

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.


I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Collection of Lies by Connie Berry

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing  A Collection of Lies, book 5   in the “A Kate Hamilton Mystery” series by Connie Berry which re...