May 12, 2022

The Proof Is in the Poison by Diane Kelly

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing “The Proof Is in the Poison” the 2nd instalment in A Southern Homebrew Mystery series by Diane Kelly. This is first book I have read in the series, and it can be read as a standalone. I have since purchased the previous one so I can be all caught up in time for book 3.

Moonshine shop owner Hattie Hayes is ready to lend a hand when a mystery starts brewing at a train convention in Chattanooga, TN, in this charming cozy mystery series.

Now that her moonshine shop is up and running, Hattie Hayes can focus her efforts on expanding her fledgling business to events in the area, like the Chattanooga Choo Choo Model Train Convention, which is running full steam ahead at the convention center down the block. Hattie is all aboard, seizing this perfect opportunity to promote her Southern homebrew to the folks who have come to the city for the annual event.
 
But when an attendee dies after drinking some of Hattie’s moonshine, she’ll need to prove her innocence. Between tight-lipped train hobbyists and competitors for a coveted convention prize, Hattie has a wide array of suspects to choose from, and she’ll need to use all the tricks up her sleeve to make sure her moonshine business can survive a murderer and stay on track.

 
I liked Hattie and her cat Smoky and we can’t forget her granddaddy ( I loved him). I also enjoyed the setting of Chattanooga, Tennessee. There is a great cast of side characters Marlon, Charlotte the horse, Kiki, Nora and Ace.  

The mystery is interesting and had lots of twists which kept me guessing. I had no idea who the killer was till Hattie did.  I’m looking forward to the next book , and see what’s happening at Hattie Hayes Moonshine Shack.

I highly recommend this cozy series to all my friends.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Berkley Publishing and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Collection of Lies by Connie Berry

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing  A Collection of Lies, book 5   in the “A Kate Hamilton Mystery” series by Connie Berry which re...