May 22, 2022

Blowin’ Up a Murder by Tonya Kappes

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “Blowin’ Up a Murder” by Tonya Kappes the 8th book in her Kenni Lowry Mystery series starring Sheriff Kenni Lowry.  I am so glad the author got her rights back to these books and that there will be more in the future.   I must admit I am only just started this series, in reverse I must add and it definitely can be read as a stand-alone.  I do recommend you start at the beginning though.
Love and marriage go together like grits and gravy...or do they?

Welcome to the little town of Cottonwood, Kentucky, a charming town with fun business names like Tiny Tina’s Hair Salon and Cowboy’s Catfish.

Sheriff Lowry becomes public enemy number one when she shuts down a wedding reception when one of the catering waiters ends up dead impaled with a wedding umbrella. The bride is not happy and proceeds to beat Sheriff Lowry with her bridal bouquet!

Kenni and Poppa are on the case! How lucky that Kenni is already there to start her investigation! She’s got a bratty bride, a crass groomsman and dead waiter! If the murder at the wedding was not enough, she’s got to get to solve this so that her friends business isn’t ruined!

There’s a big wedding happening in Cottonwood seems like the whole town was invited but then Murder strikes while a storm rages overhead. While the investigation into the murder is happening everyone seems upset with Kenni for stopping the reception but she had to do her JOB! 

I love Sheriff Kenni and her ghost Poppa that helps assist in the investigations and hope we see more of him.  

There were lots of suspects as well as twists to keep us entertained and guessing. I had no idea who the killer was until Violet did! Also there were a couple of surprises and I can’t wait for the next instalment!

I highly recommend this book to all my cozy loving friends 

I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Collection of Lies by Connie Berry

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing  A Collection of Lies, book 5   in the “A Kate Hamilton Mystery” series by Connie Berry which re...