Mar 25, 2021

Southern Sass and a Battered Bride by Kate Young

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing “ Southern Sass and a Battered Bride“ by Kate Young the 3rd instalment in the "A Marygene Brown Mystery" series.  I love this series so much!




At a murder mystery-themed wedding reception on Georgia's picturesque Peach Cove Island, the bride is doing an awfully good job playing dead...

Marygene Brown always figured she'd marry her childhood sweetheart, Alex Myers, not cater his wedding. But the Peach Diner could use the exposure. Most of the island is showing up--although more for the role-playing murder game at the reception than for the widely loathed bridezilla, Lucy Carmichael. Marygene may have to smile through the festivities, but Mama doesn't have to hold her peace--especially since only Marygene can hear her mother's ghost. Mama says she sees an aura of darkness around the wedding.

So when Marygene finds Lucy lying beside the wedding cake, buried in batter, with no pulse, it looks like Mama called it. This is no game. And when the bride's body simply vanishes, it's up to Marygene and her best friend Betsy (cousin to the groom and no fan of the bride) to solve a real-life mystery--with a little help from Mama's sassy spirit...



I really enjoy visiting Peace Cove Island, Georgia and the Peach Diner. I love the island setting and Marygene and her diner family. The story is filled with quirky characters, like Betsy and Aunt Vi they are such a hoot!  I was surprised by what happened and drawn in for the ride of finding out what happened to the bride. 

I found myself so engrossed in the story that I  read it in one sitting. It was entertaining, full of twists and turns and I didn’t completely guess whodunnit until Marygene did.

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends and I can’t wait for book 4 to come out!


I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Kensington Books and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...