Mar 30, 2021

A Tale of Two Cookies By Eve Calder

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing “A Tale of Two Cookies” by Eve Calder the 3rd instalment in the "A Cookie House Mystery" series.  I loved this book and totally need to read previous books, which I bought last week!


In A Tale of Two Cookies, a cozy mystery from Eve Calder, it’s nothing but sugar and spice at The Cookie House, but elsewhere on Coral Cay everything isn’t so nice.

Pastry chef Kate McGuire is loving life on the laid-back island of Coral Cay, Florida. As junior partner in a bakery renowned for luscious desserts—especially her cookies—life is pretty sweet. So when an old friend arrives and announces a spur-of-the-moment beach wedding, that’s just the icing on the wedding cake.

But the groom vanishes right as a television crew descends on the town to film a hot, new realty show. Is there a connection? Is her friend Desiree somehow involved? Or did groom Judson simply get cold feet? The bride and groom were paired better than warm cookies and cold milk, so Kate doesn’t buy it.

As the show’s cast runs amok on the island and the investigation into Judson’s disappearance heats up, Kate and her pal Maxi, along with town dog Oliver, will brave the rambunctious world of reality TV and a wedding weekend gone awry, in an all-out effort to find the missing groom.


Even though this was first book in series I read I was able to follow along easily.  I really enjoyed visiting Coral Cay, Florida , and the Cookie House. I love the island setting and Kate and her BFF Maxie.  I was surprised by what happened and drawn in for the ride of finding out what happened to the groom.  Kate turns out to be a great friend to Desiree by never doubting her and enrolling everyone to help find Judd and figure out what happened. 

I found myself so engrossed in the story that I  read it in one day. It was entertaining, full of twists and turns and I didn’t completely guess whodunnit until Kate did.  plus all the descriptions of the cookies made my mouth water.

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends and I can’t wait for book 4 to come out!


I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from St.Martins Press and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to another new to me series ♥️ You have me curious about that disappearance of the Groom. I also love cookies and the beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like this series, book one was on sale earlier so check it out

      Delete

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...