Mar 6, 2021

Big Little Spies by Krista Davies

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Big Little Spies” the 7th instalment in the "Paws and Claws” Mystery series by Krista Davis.  This is one of my favourite cozy series, I love Trixie and Twinkletoes and the whole concept of Wagtail.


A pet detective on the hunt for a prominent pooch is found dead, and inn owner Holly Miller has to sort through her guest list for suspects in this all new Paws & Claws mystery in the New York Times bestselling series.

The ladies of the Wagtail Animal Guardians, WAG for short, are in town for a pet adoption charity ball, and Holly is making sure to roll out the red carpet for her special guests. She and her furry best friend Trixie are busy keeping the WAG ladies happy and preparing for the ball when they learn that a retired judge has lost his prized pup.

The venerable citizen has hired a pet detective who has some personal ties to Holly’s new guests. His presence ruffles some feathers, and when the PI is found DOA not long before the ball, Holly wonders if one of the WAG ladies had a motive for murder. To make matters worse, some pet-loving guests of the ball nearly suffer the same deadly fate. Holly and Trixie will have to sniff out the clues and leash a callous killer before they strike again....


As with all the book previously I read in one sitting, I couldn’t put it down. The characters are like old friends and the new characters the WAG ladies each bring something to the story and Wagtail, VA.  I have a little terrier mix and two kittens, it reminds me of them and I love the antics that Trixie and Twinkletoes get up to around the hotel.

I never know who committed the murders until the end, and the food always makes me hungry - would love to vacation in a place where you and your dog are welcome everywhere.  Wagtail is definitely somewhere I would love to live or visit.

 I highly recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.  I can’t wait till the next book!


I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from  Berkeley Publishing Group and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...