Feb 28, 2021

Mrs. Morris and the Sorceress by Traci Wilton

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Mrs. Morris and the Sorceress" the 4th instalment in the Salem B&B Mystery series by Traci Wilton. 


It's Fourth of July in Salem, Massachusetts, and B&B owner Charlene Morris is about to witness the shot heard 'round the town when a stunt goes wrong during a film production in the fourth Salem B&B Mystery from cozy writing team Traci Wilton.

Madison Boswell, a beauty recently transplanted from Boston, is starring in the Independence Day play in this New England town full of colonial history--and, of course, witchcraft. Madison may not be a Wiccan, but she does seem to have certain hypnotic powers. And she's left some angry people in her wake, from a fellow actress beaten out for a role to a jealous betrayed wife. Now, as Charlene films the performance for her housemate, Jack--a handsome ghost who shares the Victorian bed-and-breakfast with her and her Persian cat--the drama queen takes a deadly bullet from what was supposed to be a prop gun.

With a long list of suspects and lots of backstage whispers, it looks like the investigation by Charlene and Detective Sam Holden could set off some fireworks...

I love visiting Salem and Charlene’s B&B with its resident ghost Jack.   The characters are becoming like old friends and I’m especially happy about the relationship Charlene is developing with young Avery almost like a surrogate daughter.  I found Jacks and Charlene’s relationship weird at times not exactly sure why but it just did, but we want to feel emotions for the characters and be invested in the outcome.  I love all the characters Charlene, Jack, Minnie, Sam and Avery and now I find myself adding Amy and Kass to my list.

The mystery is interesting, well plotted, with enough twists and turns to keep you guessing till the very end. I definitely was surprised by the ending and can’t wait for book 5 “Mrs. Morris and the Vampire “ coming out August, 2021.

 I highly recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.



I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stranger in the Library by Eva Gates

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "A Stranger in the Library” the 11th instalment in the "Lighthouse Library" Myste...