Feb 24, 2021

Dreaming Under An Island Skye by Lisa Hobman

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing Dreaming Under An Island Skye by Lisa Hobman and it was an uplifting, feel-good read about loss, hope, love and most of all second chances! I found the story really touched my heart.






After three wonderful years of marriage, librarian Juliette Fairhurst’s heart is shattered when her husband, Laurie, is taken from her much too soon.  Devastated, Juliette decides to take a sabbatical and reconnect with her mother’s birthplace, the village of Glentorrin on the picturesque Isle of Skye.

Welcomed by most of the villagers, Juliette throws herself into an idyllic community life, taking on the role of temporary summer guardian at The Lifeboat House Museum; a role that offers her the perfect escape from the tragedy of her real life. 

During her time on the island, Juliette clashes with brooding single dad and artist, Reid Mackinnon and is befriended by his son Evin and dog Chewie. It’s clear that divorced Reid is struggling and scarred by his own painful experiences. 

Can these two lost souls find a lifeline to rescue each other?
Or will their pasts scupper their second chance at real happiness?


Lisa Hobman is a new author to me but one I will watch for in the future. I found it to be a beautiful and emotional story set on the picturesque island of Skye in Scotland.  I loved the sense of community in the small village of Glentorrin and how most of them welcomed Jules with open arms. 

The book does touch on some sensitive themes like depression and grief but in a sympathetic and realistic way. It takes you through the journey of healing, forgiveness and getting better.

I highly recommend this to my friends, I didn’t want it to be over.


I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Boldwood Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stranger in the Library by Eva Gates

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "A Stranger in the Library” the 11th instalment in the "Lighthouse Library" Myste...