Feb 26, 2021

Murder on the Menu by Fiona Leitch

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Murder on the Menu” the first instalment in The Nosey Parker Cozy Mystery series by Fiona Leitch set in the Cornish coastal town of Penstowan. What a great start to a new series!

Still spinning from the hustle and bustle of city life, Jodie ‘Nosey’ Parker is glad to be back in the Cornish village she calls home. Having quit the Met Police in search of something less dangerous, the change of pace means she can finally start her dream catering company and raise her daughter, Daisy, somewhere safer.

But there’s nothing like having your first job back at home to be catering an ex-boyfriend’s wedding to remind you of just how small your village is. And when the bride, Cheryl, vanishes Jodie is drawn into the investigation, realising that life in the countryside might not be as quaint as she remembers…

With a missing bride on their hands, there is murder and mayhem around every corner but surely saving the day will be a piece of cake for this not-so-amateur sleuth?

The first book in the Murder on the Menu cosy mystery series. Can be read as a standalone. A humorous cosy mystery with a British female sleuth in a small village. Includes one of Jodie's Tried and Tested Recipes! Written in British English. Mild profanity and peril.
I really enjoyed this story, and it has made me want to read book 2 right away. I liked how it was centered around going back to your hometown, friendships, family, and most of all trust. Jodie knew her childhood friends but did she really know them, her gut was telling her yes. I love Germaine the Pomeranian who becomes part of Jodies and Daisy’s family.

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and I loved the characters.  I kept guessing and second-guessing myself on whodunnit right to the very end.   

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.

All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Stranger in the Library by Eva Gates

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "A Stranger in the Library” the 11th instalment in the "Lighthouse Library" Myste...