Dec 8, 2020

Twelve Slays of Christmas (Christmas Tree Farm Mystery #1) by Jacqueline Frost

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing Twelve Slays of Christmas the first instalment in the Christmas Tree Farm Mystery series by Jacqueline Frost.  I am a huge fan girl of author Julie Anne Lindsey and been wanting to read her earlier books especially the Christmas Tree Farm Mysteries as I had heard fabulous things about them and book 3 is coming soon.  My Cozy Mystery group on Facebook chose this book as our December read and I’m glad we did!



When Holly White’s fiancĂ© cancels their Christmas Eve wedding with less than two weeks to go, Holly heads home with a broken heart. Lucky for her, home in historic Mistletoe, Maine is magical during Christmastime—exactly what the doctor prescribed. Except her plan to drown her troubles in peppermints and snickerdoodles is upended when local grouch and president of the Mistletoe Historical Society Margaret Fenwick is bludgeoned and left in the sleigh display at Reindeer Games, Holly’s family tree farm.

When the murder weapon is revealed as one of the wooden stakes used to identify trees on the farm, Sheriff Evan Grey turns to Holly’s father, Bud, and the Reindeer Games staff. And it doesn’t help that Bud and the reindeer keeper were each seen arguing with Margaret just before her death. But Holly knows her father, and is determined to exonerate him.The jingle bells are ringing, the clock is ticking, and if Holly doesn't watch out, she'll end up on Santa's naughty list in Twelve Slays of Christmas, Jacqueline Frost’s jolly series debut.

I really enjoyed this story, and it has made me want to catch up on the series.  What a great story to get me in the Christmas spirit.  I loved the characters and want to be friends with Holly, Cookie, Carolyn etc.  as with most of Julie’s books you fall in love with the characters. 

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and had just enough twists and turns to keep you engrossed in the story till the end.  I had an inkling on who the villain was but was just happy reading the story and seeing how it unfolded.  I’m super happy that the publishers decided to extend the series!

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.


All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin





No comments:

Post a Comment

Olive You to Death by Lynn Cahoon

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Olive You to Death” the 16th instalment in the "Tourist Trap” Mystery series by Lynn ...