Dec 29, 2020

Closely Harbored Secrets by Bree Baker

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing Closely Harbored Secrets the 5th instalment in the A Seaside Cafe Mystery Series by Bree Baker.  I loved visiting Charm, NC over my Christmas holidays! I wasn’t disappointed either another great instalment to the series.


Could this be the bitter end for Everly?

It's almost Halloween, and the small island of Charm, North Carolina is decked out for the festivities. When Everly Swan agrees to close her iced tea shop early to help her aunts host their annual haunted historic walking tour, she expects some good-natured spooks. But the night turns grave when one of the ghostly actors is found dead. To complicate matters, the victim scratched Everly's name into the ground before she died, making her a key suspect.

Everly's potential boo, Detective Grady, takes the case—and he definitely doesn't want her getting involved. But Everly doesn't have much of a choice when a phantom sailor straight out of local legend starts leaving her threatening messages... With a local election under way, ghosts on the loose, and a search for long-lost buried treasure, Everly can't help but stir the pot!

The fifth book in Bree Baker's acclaimed Seaside Café Mystery series, Closely Harbored Secrets is a frighteningly fun read!

This time it’s all about secrets and maps as Everly tries to solve the murder before someone takes her out.  One of my favourite things about the books is the sense of family, friendship and how the community comes together and rallies behind the aunts.  I love Everly’s aunts and Amelia, I was a little worried we were in for a love triangle but the ending was a nice surprise. 

I love Lou and Maggie her adopted pets which play a big role this time and we learn more about the people they are named after.   

I didnt suspect who the killer was until Everly did, as there were just enough red herrings and twists and turns to keep me enthralled and guessing. 

I cannot recommend this series enough!


I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Poison Pen Press and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...