Dec 25, 2020

A Call for Kelp By Bree Baker

Hello my cozy friends,

Merry Christmas!
Today I am reviewing A Call for Kelp the 4th instalment in the A Seaside Cafe Mystery Series by Bree Baker.  For those that know me or see my Facebook feed you will know that I dream of living by the sea! You will also know I’m a huge fan girl of this author and love ALL of her cozy series! 


It's sink or swim for Everly with her most bizarre case yet!

Everly Swan is busy as a bee running her beachside iced tea shop, and the small island of Charm, North Carolina is abuzz-Mitzi Calgon, an iconic Hollywood actress, is in town! Everly's great-aunts are making a documentary about beekeeping and Mira has agreed to help. But when the actress turns up dead, reporters and fans swarm the island, muddying the water and disrupting the peaceful lives of the townspeople.

Everly's never been good at minding her own beeswax, so she starts following her own leads and combing through the evidence. Then there's the mystery of Detective Hays-ever since their kiss under the mistletoe, he's been acting distant. And he's annoyingly determined to keep Everly away from the case. But when she receives a cryptic warning to "Bee Careful", Everly realizes that she's gotten herself into a really sticky situation...

I fall more in love with this series with each new book. This time it’s all about the honey bees as a documentary is being filmed around her aunts and the honeybees.  It’s sad that Mitzi died before Everly was able to really talk to her, find out who her grandfather was but I’m hoping the letters will help.

The more I read the series the more I want to go to the outerbanks, North Carolina.  The setting is so peaceful except the murders that keep happening.  I love Lou and Maggie her adopted pets that seem to of come with the old Victorian.  I liked how Denise, Ryan and Wyatt are becoming part of Everlys inner circle besides her aunts, Amelia and Grady.

I did suspect the killer a few times but then was like nah, as there were just enough red herrings and twists and turns to keep me enthralled and guessing. 

I have owned the book for almost a year and only read now for some reason, but I’m starting book 5 tonight without any break between books ...

I cannot recommend this series enough!


I purchased the above book from Amazon and All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...