Dec 28, 2020

Egg Shooters by Laura Childs

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Egg Shooters " the 9th instalment in the "Cackleberry Club" Mystery series by Laura Childs. It has been awhile since I read the series having only read up to book 6, but I really enjoyed visiting Kindred and the Cackleberry Club Cafe again.

A murder in the local hospital is raising everyone's temperature in the latest book in the New York Times bestselling Cackleberry Club series.
     
Suzanne Dietz, co-owner of the Cackleberry Club Café, is visiting her fiancé, Dr. Sam Hazelet, when a masked gunman bursts into the emergency room. He shoots two people and would probably have done more damage had Suzanne not brained him with a thermos full of chili. Still, the gunman manages to escape.

Now the ladies of the Cackleberry Club are determined to find the killer before he finds them.
The story starts off with a bang literally, with the shooting at the hospital, I think with everything that’s been happening in the America right now some aspects of the book could unsettle some folk. It touches on PTSD as well as drug addiction but not in any great detail.  

Now with that all said I did really enjoy this story, and it has made me want to catch up on the series.  The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and I loved the characters which are well developed, I especially love the dynamics between  Suzanne, Toni and Petra as they are so different from each other but meld perfectly together.

I kept guessing and second-guessing myself on whodunnit, I did suspect the killer for a quick second then thought no way.  I also suspected the getaway vehicle from the beginning and was why aren’t they thinking of this.  

Now I loved the recipes that are included in the back of the book.

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Berkley and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...