Jul 25, 2020

Goodnight Moo by Mollie Cox Bryan

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing Goodnight Moo by Mollie Cox Bryan the 2nd instalment in the "A Buttermilk Creek Mystery" series. I really enjoy this series and have bought the first book in paperback and will buy this one when it comes out.



Welcome to Shenandoah Springs, Virginia, the bucolic small town where Brynn MacAlister keeps cows, churns cheeses—and is sharper than the ripest cheddar when it comes to solving mysteries . . 

With a foster cow in her corral and a new calf on the way, Brynn MacAlister has a lot on her plate. Especially since her micro-dairy farm is hosting the first annual cheesemakers contest at this year’s summer fair. A relative newcomer, Brynn’s hoping the contest becomes a tradition, bonding her even more strongly to the community. But when a mysterious tractor accident looks suspiciously like murder, Brynn suspects someone is up to no-gouda . . .   

Some folks say the lead suspect was just defending his underage daughter from a suitor more mature than a vintage provolone, but Brynn isn’t buying it. Especially when another dead body turns up and Brynn’s top cheesemaker falls under suspicion. It’s enough to make a girl bluer than her best Stilton. But not enough to stop Brynn from getting to the bottom of things. What she discovers is the small town harbors some pretty unsavory characters. And the closer Brynn gets to the killer, the deeper she gets into danger . . .  
I love the main character Brynn and her cows, plus Freckles and Romeo. I found myself engrossed in the story and reading it over a few days. I still love the setting of Shenandoah Springs in the Blue Ridge Mountains, but in this story it touches on racism and how it affected Wes, nowhere seems to be immune to some forms of it it seems. 

With Brynn getting hurt, her sister Becky makes an appearance and it was nice to see their relationship evolve , part of me was hoping that Becky would decide to move out to the farm and help Brynn.
It was entertaining, full of twists and turns as well as a few surprises. I suspected the killer but not till the very end .

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends.


I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Kensington Books and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,





Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...