Jul 27, 2020

Death of a Wicked Witch by Lee Hollis

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “Death of a Wicked Witch” by Lee Hollis the 13th instalment in the Haley Powell Food and Cocktails Mystery series.


Bar Harbor, Maine, is quieter in the off-season, but the population has just increased a bit with the arrival of Ted and Trudy Lancaster. Ted’s taking over for a retiring minister, and Trudy runs a food truck called Wicked ’Wiches. When she stops in at the Island Times office to place an ad, Hayley happily devours the sample sub Trudy offers—and the two become fast friends.

When Trudy tragically dies in her truck while catering a Halloween party, suspicion falls on a cranky, competitive caterer who’d made veiled threats to Trudy. But the case becomes more complicated when Hayley’s husband admits he’d seen someone dressed as a witch hurrying away from the food truck—not very helpful when countless women at the party wore the same costume. Now Hayley finds herself sandwiched between witches and witnesses as she considers a smorgasbord of suspects. If she finds the killer, she’ll be a local hero . . .

Includes delectable recipes from Hayley’s kitchen!

I love this series, I have only read the last 3 but have purchased the previous 10 and hope to catch up. The stories always catch my attention and this was no exception. 

I didn’t suspect the murderer until Haley did. This was a great mystery filled with lots of twists and turns. I love how Haley, Liddy and Mona they are such good friends and it sounds like they have a hoot together pulling Halloween pranks.  

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends !



I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Kensington Books and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Karen, I, too, love cozy mysteries where the perpetrator is not found until protagonist finds them. I also love cozy series so that I can get to see the growth of the writer and the characters during the entire series.

    ReplyDelete

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...