Aug 20, 2019

Wonton Terror: A Noodle Shop Mystery

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Wonton Terror" by  Vivien Chien the 4th installment in the " A Noodle Shop Mystery" series. I haven't read the previous 3 but I am now looking forward to reading the previous 3 books.
Print Length: 300 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks (Aug. 27 2019)



 
In the fourth in Vivien Chien's Noodle Shop delicious mystery series, Ho-Lee Noodle House is ready to take the Cleveland night market by storm—until a brand-new food venue literally explodes onto the scene.
Lana Lee is all smiles when the first evening of Cleveland’s Asian Night Market kicks off the summer. The weekly festival is always good for business, packed with locals and tourists, and this year, some stiff new food-truck competition. Wonton on Wheels, run by old friends of Lana’s parents, promises to have customers lining up for their delicately wrapped delights—until the truck blows up at evening’s end.
Lana’s boyfriend, Detective Adam Trudeau, had been planning a birthday getaway for the two of them but, lo and behold, Lana must assume the role of amateur sleuth yet again. With one proprietor of Wonton on Wheels dead, it’s beginning to look more like murder and less like an unfortunate accident. And as they begin to unwrap layers of disturbing secrets, Lana’s own family erupts into new drama. Will Lana be able to solve this crime—or has she jumped from the wok right into the fire?

I really enjoyed this book and the setting of Cleveland, Ohio although a big city it was set in the Asian community.  I always like when I can picture the setting or neighborhood.  Makes for fun and often quirky characters

The Protagonist Lana Lee is well developed.  The side characters such as her a roommate and BFF Megan are likable. We also get introduced to her aunt Grace (sister dynamics through the generations) was realistic.  I have a Asian friend who is a total foodie and I can picture her in the story.  She goes out to eat A LOT  trying different things and like the Lee family her friends and family meet for Dim Sum every week too.

The story was well paced, full of twists and turns. I found I couldn’t put the book down as I wanted to know who the killer was.  It did touch on a sensitive matter "domestic abuse" but it is something that is still out there in today's society sadly.

Highly recommended. A wonderful book from an author I will definitely follow in the future.
When the next installment "Egg Drop Dead" comes out February 2020, I will be sure to add it on my TBR pile.



I requested and received an Advanced Reader Copy on the book from St. Martin's Press and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own 


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...