Aug 16, 2019

Desolate Shores by Daryl Wood Gerber

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am discussing a new thriller "Desolate Shores" by Daryl Wood Gerber. I found it to be so much more than a thriller it was also a suspenseful novel.

Print Length: 239 pages
Publisher: Beyond the Page (Aug. 13 2019)


A chilling murder, an elusive killer, and a family mystery that hits too close to home . . .

After finding the body of her best friend on the icy shores of Lake Tahoe, Aspen Adams refuses to stand by and watch as the local sheriff’s department begins their search for the killer. Launching her own investigation, she’s soon confronted with a growing array of secrets—both about the friend she thought she knew and about many of the people in her own life. As fragmentary clues and escalating dangers threaten to derail her, she must also cope with the disturbing behavior of her deadbeat sister and troubled teenage niece.

Determined to overcome her personal demons over past failures, Aspen is driven to unravel the conflicting evidence and a shifting range of suspects to bring the killer to justice, even as a family trauma unfolds that threatens to upend her life. And as her investigation inexorably leads her to a shocking discovery and taunts her with a solution that is just out of reach, Aspen realizes that the killer wants nothing more than to see her and her niece dead . .

“Desolate Shores” is the first book in a new suspense series by Daryl Wood Gerber featuring Aspen Adams.

I found myself engrossed in the story and reading it in one sitting.  It was entertaining, suspenseful and full of twists and turns.  I thought all the characters were well developed.  I look forward to reading the next installment in this series.

I requested and received an Advanced Reader Copy from  and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Beyond the Page Publishing and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...