Aug 9, 2019

Feel Better, Mommy by Risa Kirschner

Hello my friends,

Today I am reviewing “Feel Better, Mommy” by Risa Kirschner is a beautiful book with a simple and loving message that hopefully makes a situation like illness or hospital visits a little bit easier.

Feel Better, Mommy by Risa Kirschner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Abby’s mom has a boo boo, so her Nana takes her to the hospital to visit. Follow Abby’s adventures as she finds a magical bed that moves, takes her teddy on a wheelchair ride, and learns that spending time with her mom can make a hospital feel like home. Based on the real experiences of the author’s then two-year-old daughter, this sweet story teaches that hospitals are safe places for healing and that parents always love their children, even if they have to spend time away from home.
This is a great subject to address for young children who have someone they love in the hospital, as it helps them to cope and understand that the hospital is not a scary place to visit. (My dad worked in a hospital so it was familiar to me but to other kids I knew they were afraid) I think it would be great to have to prepare a young child for their first visit to a hospital. The mother’s illness is general in description, as it only mentions an IV and an x-ray, but you do visit some of the other patient’s rooms to give an idea of some of the reasons people are in the hospital.

This would be a wonderful book to be placed in the Children’s hospital, doctor’s offices, anywhere where a child may be dealing with the subject. My friend takes in emergency foster babies and they are in and out of the hospital , I am definitely going to get for her to read to the kids. I would definitely recommend this book!

I requested and received an Advanced Readers copy from the publisher and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own

View all my reviews

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing Sentenced to Murder by Sue Minix the 5th instalment in the "A Bookstore Mystery" seri...