Jun 3, 2019

The Black Cat Steps on a Crack by Kay Finch

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "The Black Cat Steps on a Crack" by Kay Finch the fourth book in the Bad Luck Cat Mystery series.  I enjoyed this book and have purchased the previous three books so I can start at the beginning and be all caught up.
Print Length: 225 pages
Publisher: Beyond the Page (June 11 2019)
Genre: Cozy Mystery


Sabrina Tate and her cat, Hitchcock, must sort through the clues when a librarian is killed and justice is overdue . . . 

With construction on the town’s new library nearing completion, mystery writer Sabrina Tate is thrilled that local book lovers, and her own forthcoming novel, will soon have a fresh new home. But tensions are rising at the site as the headstrong new librarian insists on telling the construction crew how to do their jobs, bringing work to a standstill. When Sabrina’s cat unearths the dead body of the librarian not long after—and a good friend’s husband is named as the main suspect—she finds herself being pulled into a murder investigation yet again.

While virtually all the workers at the site had a motive to commit the dark deed, Sabrina turns her attention to the victim’s background looking for clues, but hits a dead end when she can’t locate any of the woman’s family. As a string of planted evidence and a murky collection of malicious characters starts to surface, Sabrina knows she and Hitchcock will have to tread carefully, before the library killer decides to check them out for good . . .

Includes delicious dessert recipes! 




Even though I haven't read the previous books in this series, it didn't cause a problem as this can be read as a stand-alone.  I think this will be one of my favorite cat mystery series.  

I like the Protagonist Sabrina Tate a mystery writer and her black cat Hitchcock who once again are at the center of a murder.  I appreciated the focus the author put on the stigma associated with black cats as my mum was actually just telling me how in the UK they are lucky! 

The characters are well developed and very likeable, such as her Aunt Rowe and who doesn't love a cat named Hitchcock.  I enjoyed the small town setting of Lavender, Texas 

There are plenty of twists and turns to keep me wanting to find out what will happen next. The book is engaging from start to finish, grabbing you from the very beginning. I cant wait for the fifth installment in this series, I recommend this to cozy lovers.


I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Beyond the Page and NetGalley. 
 All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.



Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...