Jun 12, 2019

Strangled Eggs and Ham by Maddie Day

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Strangled Eggs and Ham" the 6th book in the Country Store Mystery series by Maddie Day.
Print Length: 416 pages
Publisher: Kensington (June 25 2019)
Genre: Cozy Mystery


Robbie Jordan’s rustic country store is growing in popularity. But when a dead body appears, it turns out that Robbie’s home-style cooking attracts hungry customers—and murder!

While Robbie scrambles through breakfast orders for her expanding clientele at Pans ‘N Pancakes, tempers run as high as the sticky August heat in South Lick, Indiana. Real-estate developer Fiona Closs plans to build a towering luxury resort at one of the most scenic hilltops in Brown County, and not everyone can see the sunny side of the imposing proposition—including Robbie’s furious Aunt Adele, who doesn’t waste a minute concocting protests and road blockades. When tensions boil over and a vocal protester is silenced forever at the resort site, Robbie ditches the griddle to catch the killer. But if slashed tires are any indication, she’ll need to crack this case before her own aunt gets served something deadly next . . .  

Even though this is the first book I have read in the series I was able to follow along easily so it can be read as a stand alone.  I really enjoyed it and practically read in one sitting and have since purchased the other books in the series.

I love the setting of South Lick, Indiana and the quirky characters. The protagonist Robbie is strong and independent and i especially love her aunt Adele who is spunky as all get out.   The characters are well rounded and seem real as I could relate to each of them.

There were enough twists to keep me intrigued and wanting to know how it ends. The plot and story were good and seemed to flow at a good pace. This has been added to my favourite series pile, I highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a cozy filled with down home characters and a small town atmosphere.

I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Kensington and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...