Jun 5, 2019

Left Fur Dead (A Jules & Bun Mystery Book 1)

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Left Fur Dead" by J.M. Griffin the first book in theA Jules & Bun Mystery series.  It is a great start to a new series and I enjoyed it a lot.

Print Length: 304 pages
Publisher: Kensington (June 25 2019)
Genre: Cozy Mystery


On Fur Bridge Farm, Jules cares for rescued rabbits. But when a killer strikes, she'll need a rabbit to rescue her . . .

Juliette “Jules” Bridge prides herself on the tender rehabilitation she provides for injured or abused rabbits on her New Hampshire rescue farm, but she has a very special relationship with one bunny in particular. Bun is a black-and-white rabbit who happens to have the ability to communicate through mental telepathy. Once she got over the shock, Jules found her furry friend had a lot to say.

One frigid March morning on their walk together, Bun spots a body. The police identify the frozen stiff as Arthur Freeman, aka Arty the Mime. Jules and Arty knew each other on the children's party circuit, where he’d perform magic tricks and she had an educational rabbit petting pen. With Bun egging her on, Jules decides it’s time they hop to it and put their heads together to discover who silenced the mime. But their investigation leads them down a rabbit hole of more suspects and lies, while a killer sets a trap for them...






This is the first time I have read anything by JM Griffin and I am glad I gave it a go. Left Fur Dead is a very entertaining story full of twists and turns, a few red herrings that hold your attention from the very beginning.

Protagonist Jules is likeable and I liked Bun (bunny) who is intelligent and communicates with Jules telepathically. I could really relate to this as I always talked to my cats as well as talk to my dog when out walking I get funny looks, so I could see how it could be embarrassing, especially with local law enforcement! There are other interesting characters to round things out like Jess and Molly. I personally can't wait for the next installment.


I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...