Jun 21, 2019

Manor of Dying by Kathleen Bridge

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Manor of Dying" A Hamptons Home & Garden Mystery #4 by Kathleen Bridge.  I highly recommend this book and I purchased the previous 3 books as soon as I finished reading.

Print Length: 185 pages
Publisher: Beyond the Page (June 25 2019)


In a new Hamptons Home & Garden Mystery, Meg Barrett will have to uncover the truth about a long-ago murder before a killer decides she’s history . . .

When decorator Meg Barrett travels to a remote mansion to help select period pieces for a new 1930s-style television mystery series, she’s chilled to learn that the manor was once a mental asylum and the site of a mysterious decades-old murder. And when a fierce blizzard knocks out the power and strands Meg and her cohorts in the home’s rickety old elevator, they emerge to discover that another person has been murdered—in the same macabre manner as the original victim.

With a suspect list limited to those who were also stranded at the manor, Meg begins digging through their backgrounds for clues to both the old and new murder, trying to discover a connection that will lead her to the culprit’s identity. But the more she learns, the more clear it becomes that someone wants to keep the secrets of the past buried, and Meg knows she’ll have to watch her back before a ruthless killer decides to commit her to a grisly fate . . .

Includes scrumptious recipes and vintage decorating tips!



The Protagonist Meg is clever, well developed and down to earth.  There were quirky characters and likeable side characters.  I enjoyed the relationship between Meg and her BFF Elle.

 The description of the Hamptons, vintage clothes and Nightingale Manor was wonderful. There are plenty of twists and turns to keep me wanting to find out what will happen next. The book is engaging from start to finish, grabbing you from the very beginning.

Highly recommended. A fabulous book for an author I will definitely follow in the future.


I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Beyond the Page and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...