Apr 14, 2016

Gone Fishing .....

Hello my crafty peeps!

Yesterday at Tea and Crafting we decided to use the Bear Hugs bundle from Stampin' Up!
we used sponging, and copics.



Cindy - with her finished project
The idea of sponging the background, I cased from Frenchie 's video Beach Time... Thought this would work as a lake setting if i just switched up the colours.  I liked the idea of using the white gel pen to mimic the waves or ripples on the water.

Cindy's version (copics used on bear)

Marie's version (sponged bear)

Directions:

  • Old Olive 4¼ x 11 score at 5½ 
  • Crushed Curry 5¼ x 4 
  • Very Vanilla or Whisper White 5 x 3¾ (2 pieces)
  • Sponge with Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar and Old Olive on base about 1/3 of the way up.
  • Sponge with Marina Mist, touch of Tempting Turquoise for the lake then switch to Soft Sky
  • stamp in Old Olive the grass from the Wetlands set then sponge with Baked Brown Sugar at grass base.
  • Using the white gel pen make small lines to look like ripples on the lake.
  • Stamp your bear in Memento and then either sponge in Crushed Curry, Baked Brown Sugar and Chocolate Chip or colour with Copics or Promarkers.
  • Colour  3 fish with Copics or Promarkers and then top them off with clear Wink of Stella.
  • With your poker poke holes in paws and thread some line thread through for your fishing line.
  • Then choose a greeting.
  • on the inside you can stamp a fish or something to spruce it up!
Hope you like them!


If I can give you just a little inspiration, where you can look at one of my cards and think I can do that, or I could tweak that and put my own spin on it, then I am achieving what I have set out to do! 

P.S. Please share. with your friends and leave me a comment below. I read them ALL!

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Collection of Lies by Connie Berry

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing  A Collection of Lies, book 5   in the “A Kate Hamilton Mystery” series by Connie Berry which re...