Apr 16, 2016

Black and White Card Box ....

Hello my friends,

Today I am still showcasing the items we made at Wednesday's Tea and Crafting, Marie showed us how to make this card box cased from Brandy Cox's video.


Directions:
  • Cut a piece of DSP or a stiffer card stock to 11″ x 11″.  
  • Using a Simple Scored diagonal plate and starting at the top and scoring in a downward diagonal…  score your card stock on a diagonal at 4.5″ and 6.5″.  Now using the left side of your simple scored… score your paper in a downward diagonal 4.5″ and 6.5″.
  • Flip your paper 90 degrees.  Again using a Simple Scored diagonal plate and starting at the top and scoring in a downward diagonal…  score your card stock on a diagonal at 3.5″ and 5.5″.  Now using the left side of your simple scored… score your paper in a downward diagonal 3.5″ and 5.5″.
  • Find the coated side of your card stock if you have one and use StazOn black ink and the stamp set of your choice to begin stamping your decorative box. You have 4 larger triangles… find the two smaller ones and start at one size and make your way all the way across the box.   As Brandy says, its okay to stamp over the score lines as this will give your box a professional feel as the image wraps around the box.   Now fold and prep your box.
  • Trim all the tiny corners… there are 8 total. You will also want to cut your flaps. Determine which end of your box is the bottom flap and trim the little corner off at 3/4″ so its neat and tailored when opened.  Now your ready to assemble your box.  
  • The black piece for the top flap of your box and the bottom flap of your box measures 6.5″ x 5-1/2″ and score the 6.5″ side down at 1-3/8″  This will cover both your top flap and box flap of your envelope  
  • After adhering the top of your 6.5″ x 1-3/8″ to the top or bottom flap you can then use the box template to trim your triangles perfectly.
  • The sentiments are ones we found in my box of stamps and I used left over white card stock to stamp on.  I centered it on my box and glued it down.  Trim off the remainder.  
  • We used velcro for the closure but you can use a magnet per the video.
  • On the flower we used some Wink of Stella and a Iced Rhinestone.
  • Please watch Brandy's video for more exact instructions

Hope you like our version!

If I can give you just a little inspiration, where you can look at one of my cards and think I can do that, or I could tweak that and put my own spin on it, then I am achieving what I have set out to do! 

P.S. Please share. with your friends and leave me a comment below. I read them ALL!

Hugs,

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Collection of Lies by Connie Berry

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing  A Collection of Lies, book 5   in the “A Kate Hamilton Mystery” series by Connie Berry which re...