Sep 19, 2026

A Deadly Garden Party by Elspeth Marlowe

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing A Deadly Garden Party by Elspeth Marlowe.  What a great start to a new series, I enjoyed this book and look forward to book 2. Ms. Marlowe is a new to me author but I definitely will read more from her.

In this garden club, the competition is killer.

Delia Norris hoped Magnolia Grove's prestigious garden club would help her plant new roots after her divorce. Instead, when the club president drops dead at the annual garden party, Delia finds herself surrounded by suspects with secrets to bury.

A bitter rival. A nervous treasurer. A ruined landscaper. An estranged stepdaughter. Everyone has something to hide — and everyone has a motive.

With her sharp eye for detail and Captain, her opinionated African gray parrot, offering commentary at the worst possible moments, Delia digs beneath Magnolia Grove's picture-perfect surface. Because in this town, the deadliest things grow in the prettiest gardens.

A Deadly Garden Party is the first Magnolia Grove Cozy Mystery — a charming small-town whodunit with a clever amateur sleuth, a scene-stealing parrot, and a cast of neighbors worth returning to. Perfect for a quick, cozy read you can finish with a cup of tea.

Pull up a chair at the garden party — just don't drink the tea.


I liked the small-town setting of Magnolia Grove, the characters of Delia And Captain, her opinionated African gray parrot.  I especially liked following Delia's observations as she slowly worked through the mystery and tried to figure out who was responsible.

It was entertaining, full of twists and turns and I did guess whodunnit but that did not distract from the story.  I’m sure in the next book character development and plot will improve and I won’t be able to guess. 

I recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends and I can’t wait for book 2 to come out!
⭐️⭐️⭐️
I requested and received an advanced readers copy from BooksGoSocial and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Poison Pen Murders by Dee MacDonald

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "The Poison Pen Murders” the 5th instalment in  An Ally McKinley Mystery  series  by Dee Ma...