Jun 22, 2022

Twisted Tea Christmas by Laura Childs

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing Twisted Tea Christmas the 23rd instalment in the ”A Tea Shop Mystery” series by Laura Childs. I love this series and I enjoy reading about Theo, Drayton, Haley and Earl Grey.

An attack on the host of a fancy tea party sends Theodosia Browning looking for answers in the latest entry in the New York Times bestselling series. 

Tea maven Theodosia Browning and her tea sommelier, Drayton Conneley, are catering a Victorian Christmas party at a swanky mansion in downtown Charleston. Drucilla Heyward, the hostess, is one of the wealthiest women in town. 

As the champagne flows and the tea steeps, Drucilla is so pleased with the reception by her partygoers that she reveals her secret plan to Theodosia. The Grande Dame has brought the cream of Charleston society together to reveal that she is planning to give her wealth away to various charitable organizations. However, before she can make the announcement, Theodosia finds her crumpled unconscious in the hallway. It looks like the excitement has gotten to the elderly woman--except that there is a syringe sticking out of her neck. 

INCLUDES DELICIOUS RECIPES AND TEA TIME TIPS!
What a great Christmas cozy mystery, don’t get me started on the descriptions of the decorations and all the fancy teas Theo, Drayton and Haley were putting on.  I would love to visit the Indigo Tea Shop and Charleston during the week leading up to Christmas.  The story had me wrapped up in trying to solve who killed Miss Drucilla from the get go. 

There were lots of twists and turns to keep you guessing and I didn’t know who the killer was till just before Theo did.

We not only had a White Christmas tea and a Nutcracker tea in this story we also had a Victorian Illumination Tea. I’m always craving a scone with Devonshire cream and jam while reading as the descriptions Haley’s menus sound so yummy.  Good thing there are recipes from the tea shop at the end of the book.

If you are looking for a light, fun read then this series fits the bill. Highly recommend to all my cozy mystery loving friends.


All thoughts and opinions are my own

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dog Who Knew Too Much by Krista Davis

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "The Dog Who Knew Too Much” the 6th instalment in the "Paws and Claws” Mystery series ...