Jun 27, 2022

No Parm No Foul by Linda Reilly

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "No Parm No Foul
” the 2nd instalment in A Grilled Cheese Mystery series by Linda Reilly set in the town of Balsam Dell, Vermont. What a great follow up to book one!  This is definitely one of my favourite series.
The second book in a delicious culinary cozy series-the muensters have arrived in Balsam Dell in this Halloween cozy mystery featuring a grilled cheese shop owner turned amateur sleuth

After a long hot summer in Balsam Dell, Carly Hale is ready for crisp Vermont weather and gourmet grilled cheeses at her Grilled Cheese Eatery. And the upcoming Halloween food competition is the perfect way to impress the locals.

But Ferris Menard, the owner of Sub-a-Dub-Sub, is nursing a serious grudge against Carly. Two days before the competition, one of Carly's employees quit his part-time gig at Menard's sub shop, sending Menard into a serious snit. In a confrontation at the Eatery, Menard accused Carly of sabotage and vowed to bring her down. 

That's when Menard's body is found in his kitchen the morning after the competition, a steak knife sticking out of his heart. But Menard had a slew of enemies, and if Carly doesn't figure out which one is the culprit, she might find herself-or someone she cares about-serving grilled cheese sandwiches under lock and brie!
I like the Protagonist Carly,  and her co-workers Grant and Suzanne they have such a tight bond and really care about each other. The characters are well developed and I look forward to seeing how Carly’s relationship with Ari progresses as well as other relationships in the book.   I liked getting to know Evelyn Fitch the retired school teacher and one of Carly’s regulars as well.

The mystery was interesting and there are plenty of red herrings, and  twists to keep you wanting to find out what will happen next. 

I read the book in one day it was that good, You will crave a grilled cheese and tomato soup while reading the book.  Luckily there are recipes at the back, I'm dying to try the Alvin’s Panko Perfection! 

I cant wait for the third instalment.  I highly recommend this to cozy lovers.


I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Poisoned Pen Press and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.



Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

 Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...