Jun 13, 2022

A Hint of Mischief by Daryl Wood Gerber

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing “A Hint of Mischief ” by 
Daryl Wood Gerber  the 3rd instalment in “A Fairy Garden Mystery" series.  I think this was my favourite so far, I love catching up with Courtney, Fiona her righteous fairy, Joss and Meagan and Pixie. Plus I love all the recipes at the back of the book! 
From Agatha Award-winning author Daryl Wood Gerber, the third in an enchantingly whimsical series featuring Courtney Kelly, the owner of a fairy-gardening and tea shop in Carmel, California. It’s a special place brimming with good vibes and the kind of magical assistance its proprietor will need to prepare for an old sorority sister’s birthday bash awhile solving a puzzling murder!

Courtney has thrown a few fairy garden parties—for kids. But if a local socialite is willing to dip into her trust fund for an old sorority sister’s fortieth birthday bash, Courtney will be there with bells on. To make the job even more appealing, a famous actress, Farrah Lawson, is flying in for the occasion, and there’s nothing like a celebrity cameo to raise a business’s profile.

Now Courtney has less than two weeks to paint a mural, hang up tinkling windchimes, plan party games, and conjure up all the details. While she works her magic, the hostess and her girlfriends head off for an indulgent spa day—which leads to a fateful facial for Farrah, followed by her mysterious death. Could the kindhearted eyebrow waxer who Farrah berated in public really be the killer, as the police suspect? Courtney thinks otherwise, and with the help of her imaginative sleuth fairy, sets out to dig up the truth behind this puzzling murder . . .

I found the story to be very entertaining as well as full of twists to keep you guessing till the very end. I’m also liking where things are going between Courtney and Brady …

I’m anxiously awaiting for the next instalment as I want to know if Fiona gets her wings as well as learn more about the other fairies as it seems lots of people have them even if they can’t see them.

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends.


I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Kensington Books and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...