Jan 11, 2022

Up to No Gouda by Linda Reilly

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "
Up to No Gouda” the first instalment in A Grilled Cheese Mystery series by Linda Reilly set in the town of Balsam Dell, Vermont. What a great start to a new series!
The first in a delicious new culinary cozy series featuring a grilled cheese eatery owner who must solve murders in her small town before she is put under lock and brie

Back in Balsam Dell to heal after the death of her husband, Carly Hale is finally pursuing her lifelong dream—opening Carly's Grilled Cheese Eatery. After only five months, business is booming as Vermont vacationers and townspeople alike flock to lunch on her Party Havartis and other grilled cheese concoctions. All but Lyle Bagley, Carly's one-time high school boyfriend and now town bully who just bought the building that houses her eatery and wants Carly out. After a muenster of a fight, Carly's forced to put her nose to the rind and find a solution to keep her business afloat.

That is...until Lyle is discovered dead behind the dumpster of Carly's shop, and one of her employees becomes the prime suspect. In order to save her eatery and prove her friend's innocence, Carly must sleuth out the killer before she's the one who gets grilled.

With a delightful cast of characters, an inventive amateur sleuth, and a whole host of cheesy hijinks, Up to No Gouda is the perfect cozy murder mystery to melt into.
I like the Protagonist Carly,  she’s working through grief after losing her husband in a tragic accident. She decides to return the night to her hometown of Balsam Dell to open up a Grilled Cheese restaurant.

The characters are well developed and I loved the bond between Carly, Suzanne and Grant. I look forward to seeing how Carly’s relationship with them and her childhood BFF will continue to develop and could there be romance in the air for Carly in book 2

One character who I loved and hope to see more of in book 2 is Harvarti the dog …

The mystery was interesting and there are plenty of red herrings, and  twists to keep you wanting to find out what will happen next. 

I read the book in one day it was that good, I even ate a grilled cheese and tomato soup while I read the last few chapters.  Luckily there are recipes at the back, that you will be dying to try I know I am.

I cant wait for the second instalment No Parm No Foul to come out in July 2022.  I highly recommend this to cozy lovers.


I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Poisoned Pen Press and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.



Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

 Hugs,

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...