Jan 15, 2022

The Garden by the Sea by Amanda James

Hello my friends,

Today I am reviewing The Garden by the Sea by Amanda James.   What can I say other than it was a feel-good , light-hearted read and I thoroughly enjoyed it! 
A heartwarming novel of new beginnings, community and finding your tribe when you need them the most…

A precious heirloom passed down from mother to daughter…

Lowena Rowe’s beloved mum always claimed her family seed box was special. Said to contain soil from Tintagel, the mysterious seat of the legendary King Arthur, whomever made a wish upon the box would have ‘a beautiful garden, bountiful crops and love of their fellow man’. Lowena isn’t inclined to believe the myth but can’t part with the box, knowing how much it meant to her mum.

Starting over with a new home and a new job in the Cornish village of St Merryn, Lowena can’t help feeling lost and alone… but she isn’t the only one. Now, as a community of misfits finds solace and friendship in the shade of her growing garden, she realises there might have been truth to the mythical box after all, and she may just be growing the life and love she’s always wanted…
The setting of a Cornish village called St. Merryn, sounded breathtaking! It was heartwarming, full of friendship and community, the perfect read on a cold winters day. 

I literally didn't want to put it down once I'd started it and I finished it in one sitting.  The characters are likeable and you get thoroughly caught up in the story as it unfolds. 

This is a wonderful story and I'll definitely be reading more by this author.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Harpers Collins UK and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...