Jan 20, 2022

Long Overdue at the Lakeside Library by Holly Danvers

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Long Overdue at the Lakeside Library" by Holly Danvers the 2nd book in the A Lakeside Library Mystery series. What a great sequel to book one,  I thoroughly enjoyed this book!
An icy cold murder and a library patron collide in Holly Danver’s second Lakeside Library Mystery.

A glowing wood stove, a cozy log cabin, and shelves full of books are all Rain Wilmot needs to ride out the Wisconsin winter, now that she’s made her family’s Lofty Pines library her year-round home. But the warm-hearted librarian’s blood runs cold when local man, Wallace Benson, is found dead during the annual Ice Fishing Jamboree.

After Benson’s body is found in his ice shanty, Rain recalls that she recently saw the victim in her library, borrowing a few cookbooks to prepare for the fishing tournament’s communal “chili dump.” She later finds these same books returned to the library’s drop box, with an enigmatic note from Benson to Rain.

As Rain seeks to understand the message, the prime suspect becomes Rain’s friend Nick, who was the last person to see Wallace alive and who returned to the Jamboree with a nasty cut on his hand. The knife found in his tackle box only makes Nick’s troubles worse. But Rain keeps fishing for other suspects. Was the killer Danny, who lost his arm to a logging accident involving Wallace? Or Danny’s bitter father, whose dreams of retirement were dashed by his son’s accident?

With the help of her friends Julia and Jace, Rain sets out to hook the real culprit and clear Nick’s name. But can her sleuthing skills protect her from a killer who’d like to take her out of circulation?

I really like the Protagonist Rain, and her bff Julia they are relatable, fun and full of shenanigans. I was happy that Margie and Rexy the dog were in the story again too.  Now could Rain’s love life start to blossom in book three with two possible suitors …

There were plenty of red herrings, twists, and turns to keep you wanting to find out what will happen next. 

I cant wait for the 3rd instalment in this series, I highly recommend this to cozy lovers.


I requested and received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from Crooked Lane Books and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...