Oct 22, 2021

To the Tome of Murder By Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "To the Tome of Murder” the 7th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series by Lauren Elliott.
Three weeks before Thanksgiving, bookshop owner Addie Greyborne already has a full plate—and a killer on her case...

Addie’s determined to turn a seemingly ordinary November in coastal Greyborne Harbor into one for the books. The windows of her shop display carefully curated works by American writers, including a rare selection of traditional holiday recipes from the influential 19th-century publication Godey’s Ladies Magazine. And then there’s the town’s Civil War-era themed cooking and baking competition, with a hefty cash prize and free publicity going to the winning dish...

But when she finds her cousin’s boyfriend murdered, a stunned Addie reluctantly realizes she may be the only person who can blow the cover off a grisly crime. With so many unanswered questions surrounding the victim’s death, Addie must figure out the strange connection between a mysterious vintage briefcase, the disappearance of a first edition copy of Sarah Josepha Hale’s famous nursery rhyme, “Mary Had a Little Lamb,” and a dangerously well-read culprit...

I really enjoyed this latest instalment in the series!  I liked that we had two mysteries to solve, the murder and the stolen books.  The mystery is interesting and well plotted, although I did figure out who the killer was early on it didn’t detract from my enjoyment.

Plus I liked the surprise ending and I’m anxiously awaiting to find out what happens next! 

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.

I can’t wait to read "A Margin for Murder” book 8!


I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...