Oct 5, 2021

Murder at the Christmas Cookie Bake-Off by Darci Hannah

Hello my cozy friends, 

Today I am reviewing “Murder at the Christmas Cookie Bake-Off ” by Darci Hannah the 2nd instalment in the "A Beacon Bakeshop Mystery" series.  I loved this book it’s a fun Christmas mystery which had me believing in the spirit of Christmas! I totally added it to my favourite series list! 
Tucked away inside an old lighthouse in Beacon Harbor, Michigan, bakeshop cafĂ© owner Lindsey Bakewell is ready to make her first Christmas in town shine bright. But her merry plans crumble fast when murder appears under the mistletoe... 

With the spirit of the holidays wafting through the Beacon Bakeshop, Lindsey thinks she has the recipe for the sweetest Christmas ever--winning the town-wide cookie bake-off. Unfortunately, striving for a picture-perfect December in Beacon Harbor is a lot like biting into stale shortbread. Low on staff and bombarded by visits from family, Lindsey can barely meet demands at work, let alone summon the confidence to face fierce competition...

Self-appointed Christmas know-it-all Felicity Stewart is determined to take the top spot in the bake-off, and she's not afraid to dump a little coal in everyone's stocking to do it. Just as the competition heats up, everything falls apart when the judge is found dead--and covered in crumbs from Lindsey's signature cookie!

Solving a murder was never on Lindsey's wish list. But with her reputation on the line during the happiest time of the year, she'll need to bring her best talents to the table in order to sift out the true Christmas Cookie culprit.

I started reading series backwards with book 2 first but I loved so much I bought book one.  I really enjoyed visiting Beacon Harbor, Michigan, and the Beacon Bakeshop.  

Everyone knows I’m a sucker for furbabies in my cozies so when you have a Newfie named Wellington well let’s just say I’m in love.  Then add in two visiting Westies called the “Models” …

I absolutely adored Mrs. Nichols and the hint of Christmas magic she entailed plus the nod to the Great British Bake Off 

It was entertaining, full of twists and turns and I didn’t completely guess whodunnit until  Lindsey did.  Plus all the descriptions of the cookies made my mouth water. ( recipes included in back of book)

I highly recommend this series to all my cozy loving friends and I can’t wait for book 3!


I requested and received an advanced readers copy from Kensington and NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my OWN.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lights, Camera, Bones by Carolyn Haines

Hello my cozy friends,  Today I am reviewing  "Lights, Camera, Bones" by Carolyn Haines   the 27th instalment in  the " A Sar...