Oct 14, 2021

Danger at Sandpiper Bay by Traci Hall and Patrice Wilton

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing Danger at Sandpiper Bay the 2nd instalment in the “A Riley Harper Mystery” by Traci Hall and Patrice Wilton.  What a great follow up to book one!  

Officer Riley Harper faces danger of an unusual kind in Sandpiper Bay. A nor’easter off the coast of Maine is set to slam into their little island, cutting off all communication and putting the residents at risk. During the storm a killer strikes. Stranded, Riley and her partner race the clock to track the villain before the thaw, and possible escape.
I was hooked after book one and this one didn’t disappoint.  This time it’s winter and a storm is brewing, which is exactly how I would picture Maine in winter.  Riley, Kyra and San are experiencing their first winter storm and taking us along for the ride.  I have a feeling these 3 strong willed women will handle anything thrown their way.

I love the setting of Sandpiper Bay a small island off the coast of Maine and the locals all seem like a great bunch of side characters.  I really like Riley’s partner Matty and bar owner Coby.   I can’t wait to learn more about each of them over the course of the series. 

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, with lots of red herrings to keep you guessing. In fact I was second-guessing myself on whodunnit right to the very end.   Only problem with reading in one day is the long wait till book 3 releases!

I highly recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.




I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from the publisher. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs, 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dog Who Knew Too Much by Krista Davis

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "The Dog Who Knew Too Much” the 6th instalment in the "Paws and Claws” Mystery series ...