Sep 27, 2021

Murder Outside the Lines by Krista Davis

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing “Murder Outside the Lines ” the 3rd instalment in the Pen & Ink Mystery series by Krista Davis. A fun Halloween cozy mystery.
Includes A Front and Back Cover for You to Color!

With Halloween just around the corner, the fall colors in Georgetown are brilliant. As manager of the Color Me Read bookstore, coloring book creator Florrie Fox has arranged for psychic author Hilda Rattenhorst to read from Spooktacular Ghost Stories. But the celebrity medium arrives for the event in hysterics, insisting she just saw a bare foot sticking out of a rolled-up carpet in a nearby alley. Is someone trying to sweep murder under the rug? Florrie calls in her policeman beau, Sergeant Eric Jonquille, but the carpet corpse has disappeared without a trace.

Then in the middle of her reading, Hilda chillingly declares that she feels the killer's presence in the store. Is this a publicity stunt or a genuine psychic episode? It seems there's no happy medium. When a local bibliophile is soon discovered missing, a strange mystery begins to unroll. Now it's up to Florrie and Jonquille to expose a killer's true colors . . .

I really enjoyed this book and must read the earlier books and get caught up. Even though I haven't read the previous two books I was able to follow along, so this can be read as a stand alone book.

I really like Florrie, she is relatable, interesting and I love the relationship she has with her boss professor Maxwell.  But I really loved Mr. DuBois!  I liked visiting Georgetown during Halloween it had the perfect amount of spooky atmosphere. 

The mystery itself was interesting, full of twists, red herrings which completely drew me into the story and I didn’t want to put the book down. 

I highly recommend this book to all my cozy mystery loving friends.

My rating 

I requested and received an Advanced Readers Copy from Kensington Books and NetGalley.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Please join the conversation and comment below.  Have you read… If so what did you think/like

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...