Sep 9, 2021

Here Comes the Fudge by Nancy Coco

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Here Comes the Fudge" the 9th instalment in the  Candy-Coated Mystery series by Nancy Coco.  I really love this series and visiting Mackinac Island! I’m hoping to go there in next few years so then I can really see it in my minds eye.
Fudge shop owner Allie McMurphy never expected her maid of honor duties to include clearing the groom of murder... 

THE BODY OF A CRIME

It's late spring on picturesque Mackinac Island, Michigan. Allie is prepping her Historic McMurphy Hotel and Fudge Shop for the start of the tourist season and her best friend Jenn's wedding. But when Jenn's fiancé Shane, a crime scene investigator on the island, misses a dinner date, the two friends go looking for him. Led by Allie's bichonpoo Mal into an alley, they come upon Shane standing over a body with a bloody knife in his hand. Shane won't say what's happened, just tells them to call 911. As the CSI is taken into custody by his colleagues, including Allie's beau Rex Manning, the fudge maker vows to prove her friend's fiancé is not a killer--before the ceremony turns into a jailhouse wedding...
I found myself engrossed in the story and reading in one day.   The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and I loved the characters which are well developed. I especially love little Mal which reminds me of my little Lindi.  I think this might be my favourite book in the series but I say that every time.

I kept guessing and second-guessing myself on whodunnit right to the very end. I did not figure out who the villain was until Allie did. 

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.


I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Karen!

    I am enjoying your blog, your reviews and your book selections - they're right up my alley! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...