Sep 6, 2021

Murder Can Frost Your Doughnut by Rose Pressey

Hello my cozy friends,

Today I am reviewing "Murder Can Frost Your Doughnut” the 4th instalment in the "Haunted Craft Fair" Mystery series by Rose Pressey. I am a huge fan of Rose Pressey and this series.  It can be read as a standalone but I think it should be read in order. 

The ghost of an Elvis impersonator has got psychic painter Celeste Cabot all shook up...

Celeste has pulled up in her pink Shasta trailer, aka mobile art studio, to the Sevier County Fair in the mountains of eastern Tennessee to sell her paintings. A highlight of the fair promises to be the celebrity impersonation contest. But the low point is when Celeste and her floppy-eared white Chihuahua Van (short for Van Gogh) find an Elvis impersonator in his trailer doing a great impression of a corpse, clutching a doughnut in his hand.

Seeking a vision to solve the crime, Celeste paints her own Elvis portrait—and suddenly the ghost of the Elvis impersonator appears. They say fools rush in, but with the help of this spirit, Celeste sets out to find the real killer among all the fake celebrities. It’s now or never, because there won’t be time to tell the killer: “Don’t be cruel.”

The protagonist Celeste is a likeable, entertaining fun main character, with quirky supporting characters her family, her BFF Sammie and her faithful companion Van the Chihuahua.

The mystery is interesting and well plotted, and had plenty of twists to keep you engrossed till the end.  The love triangle I’m hoping will come to an end in the next book.. 

I recommend this book to all my cozy lover friends.

I requested and received an advance reader copy of this book from Kensington Books and Netgalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


Thank you for stopping by and visiting my little blog!
I always love reading comments and getting to know my fellow cozy lovers.

Hugs,


Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Limited Edition Murder by Lauren Elliott

Hello my cozy friends, Today I am reviewing "Dedication to Murder” the 10th instalment in the Beyond the Page Bookstore Mystery series ...